A Roku is a device which allows you to watch free and paid video content on your TV via the internet. TV and movie streaming services like Amazon, Netflix, Sling TV, Hulu, YouTube and more are loaded on Roku just as apps are loaded onto a Smartphone. Roku media streaming devices incorporate an operating system which allows its users to access and manage internet streaming content. To bring out Roku’s full potential, you will need to create an account. In this blog, we will explain to you how to set up a Roku account.
A Roku account stores which Roku streaming devices are owned by you and which channels are installed by you, as well as your settings and preferences. It is essential to have a valid email address associated with your Roku account to manage your account and receive notifications. Also, you should choose a strong password to access Roku account.
How to set up a Roku account?
The Roku account creation process is similar to all the Roku devices starting from the first generation to the latest generation. The best part about Roku account is that you can manage all of your Roku devices by using a single account. Unlike other devices, which require you to set up a separate account for different devices, Roku just needs one.
Note: There are no fees for creating a Roku account but you will be asked to provide a payment method e.g. credit card. The payment method linked to your account lets you easily rent or buy movies on demand, try a popular paid subscription. But you won’t be charged unless you agree to the terms and cost of the consent.
Now, let’s jump into the actual process to access Roku account.
- Power on your PC and open a web browser.
- Type www.roku.com/link in the address bar of the web browser.
- Click the link to Roku sign in.
- Now, Go to ‘Create Account.’
- Enter your first name in the first text box
- You should enter your last name in the second text box.
- In the text box, enter a valid email address (provide one which you are currently using as you are going to need to this for accessing your Roku account.)
- In the password field, enter a strong password for your Roku account.
- In the bottom of the page, tick on the checkbox that says you’re at least 18 years of age.
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ option which is at the end of the page.
- Now, you will be redirected to another webpage where you are required to provide your card details such as card number and its expiration date to complete the process.
Why do I need a Roku account?
Before you can begin to enjoy media content over the internet, channels such as Sky Store, Now TV or TV player must be downloaded and installed on your Roku streaming player. To complete this, it is important to link your Roku device to the Roku account. With a Roku account, you can not only add channels but you can also manage your subscription and linked devices, view purchase history and update preferences.
We provided you with information on how to set up a Roku account in this blog. By following the simple and easy steps which are given above for Roku sign in you can set up your Roku account easily and stream media content. For any other details on Roku, you can give us a call on our toll-free number and get connected with our professionals to get effective tips from them.