Roku is the leading brand in the field of digital streaming. It offers a wide range of devices that are specially designed to deliver the streaming services to any TV. No matter what Roku streaming device you have, the process to connect it to a TV is almost the same.
To perform the Roku device setup, you need to connect the HDMI cable from the Roku device to the TV, plug it into a power source, and follow the setup instructions. If you are wondering how to connect your Roku to your TV then check out this short article.
Have a look at the below instructions to set up a Roku streaming device:
Step 1: Connecting Roku to the TV
- First of all, you need to determine what type of connection your TV allows.
- If you are using the HDMI cable, then connect its one end to the Roku device and another end to the HDMI In port on your TV.
- You can stream the HD content on your television only if you have an HD TV.
- In case, you are connecting the streaming stick then there is no need for an HDMI cable, insert the stick directly to the TV’s HDMI port.
- Now, set your television to the correct input, and you will see a welcome screen.
- After that, insert the batteries into the Roku remote and pair it to the television.
- Next, you would be asked to choose a language and then set up your internet connection.
Step 2: Connecting Roku to your home network
- The next step is to get the Roku online and for this, you have to connect the device to the Wi-Fi network.
- Plugin the device to a power source and turn it on.
- You can choose either a wired or wireless connection to start the setup process.
- Choose the Set up a Wireless network option and search for your network name.
- Select your network name and enter the wireless password to connect to it.
- Once the connection is established, the device will start downloading the latest software.
- The Roku device will automatically restart once the software is downloaded or installed.
Step 3: Accessing the Roku device Setup Page
- In the next step, follow the online instructions with care to create a Roku account.
- On your computer system, launch a web browser and enter the activation code provided at the Roku site.
- Once the account is activated, log in with the Roku login credentials.
- After that, give your Roku a name so that you can easily find it later.
- From the home screen, select your favorite channels and enable them.
- Click the Continue button to add channels and complete the setup. Once it is completed, you are ready to go.